I got my Z9 today. First time experience and some thoughts...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Laci55
Laci55 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,664
I got my Z9 today. First time experience and some thoughts...

I got a phone call from my Photo store yesterday that my Z9 will arrive today. I just could not wait for the post delivery so I drove to the store and took the camera home. (st about 110 km drive...) I got  the camera in the morning and 1round 12 I had an indoor tennis tournament to take picture of... I charged the battery to around 40 % because I had no more time and took the camera to the event... I do know it was very stupide with a totally new camera but I could not resist to the large to try it... My sport shooting camera is the Sony A1 for this time but it can be changed now... For indoor tennis and court side shooting Im using the Sony wit FE 135 1,8 lens. With this setup I can take pictures at 3200 ISO and 1250 /sec with wide open lens. With the Z 9 I was using Z 70-200 2,8 lens wide open at 6400 ISO and around 1250/sec. I used the 3D tracking for this very darn and certainly stupide test too...

Some thoughts...

Looking the pictures at the cameras screen was a very different experience in comparison with the Sony. The Sony screen is crisp and has much higher resolution so I was worried that my pictures are not so good as I thought they should be. After seeing the pictures on the computer screen I was very much satisfied though with the crisp and well focused pictures. Comparing a very sharp prime lens with half of the ISO value is quite crazy but that was what I was doing...

The white balance (Auto on Z9) was very pleasing with nice colors. I do not want to discuss the Nikon versus Sony color thing at all but I could not let it be to mention the for me more pleasing Nikon colors at this set up...

The AF is extremely fast and accurate too and I do not think that there is any difference in this respect between the A1 and the Z9 at least not in this fast and not so serious comparison.

No more ranting... Am I happy with this camera? yes, You bet...

Some pictures from the not so well lighted hall. (By the way no problem with any type of flickering in this artificial light...)

-- hide signature --

'If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs...' Kipling
www.imaginestudio.se

Laci55's gear list:Laci55's gear list
Canon EOS R Hasselblad X1D II 50C Canon EOS R5 Nikon Z7 II Fujifilm GFX 100S +20 more
Nikon Z9 Sony a1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow