How tough/durable is A7III lens mount?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brzda Regular Member • Posts: 145
How tough/durable is A7III lens mount?

Looking for experience/opinions/knowledge regarding how durable and tough really is the A7III lens mount. Specifically, is it okay to carry the camera in Peak Design Capture with the clip mounted on the camera and Sigma 100-400 DG DN (1135g) hanging from the camera straight down? Will the lens mount on the camera be okay hiking with the camera like that?

There is an article https://theoverratedphotographer.com/2018/12/05/how-to-carry-a-sony-70-200mm-f-2-8-or-sony-100-400mm-or-any-other-brand-for-that-matter/ advising against this and rather putting the clip on lens collar. Which I would do but Sigma 100-400 DG DN has no lens collar with removable foot (unlike Sony 100-400 GM), so the clip can really only go on the foot and then in the PD Capture but that would be ridiculous. Also I'm not interested in any other carry systems other than PD Capture hence my question regarding durability of the lens mount...

Brzda's gear list:Brzda's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 35mm F1.8 Sony FE 20mm F1.8G Tamron 70-300 F4.5-6.3 Di RXD III
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow