Storage solution for Large Format Prints (44"wide x 60"+)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MikeB_2018 Contributing Member • Posts: 574
Storage solution for Large Format Prints (44"wide x 60"+)

Happy New Year everyone!

I have printed a lot of large prints up to 24"x36" and have been wanting to print to the full size my Canon Pro-4000 can print, which is 44"wide.  But, I'm finding it near impossible to find a suitable print storage solution for prints this large.  For the 24x36 prints I have a couple nice Archival Methods storage boxes which work great.  But that seems about as large as they go.  I have written to them a few days ago inquiring if they offer or could make something like a 44"x66" similar style box, but yet to hear back.

Just wondering what any of you have found to work for large prints?  I'm starting to think just keeping them rolled up but I hate thinking about that vs. flat storage.

The only somewhat reasonable solution I can imagine is to get two large pieces of foam-core and sandwich prints between them.  But even then it seem it would be 40"wide x 80" long, so still couldn't have 44" wide prints.  I do have the ability to print 44" on long edge or cut 44" to 40" but still haven't found a great solution for that either (other than the foam-core/v-flat option.

And with all this said, if you do have a solution to flat-lay your large prints, do you also use an archival paper between sheets?

I'd appreciate any guidance you might have as I'm feeling like I have hit a dead-end.

Thank you....

MikeB_2018's gear list:MikeB_2018's gear list
Fujifilm GFX 100 Canon EOS R5 Canon PowerShot G10 Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R +22 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow