A7IV BIF Series: Sandpiper

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
gil Forum Pro • Posts: 16,792
A7IV BIF Series: Sandpiper

These were from my 1st BIF session with the A7IV. There are several types of Sandpiper and these could be Western Sandpiper as they mostly frequent San Francisco Bay Areas.

Small/tiny birds BIFs could be taken even with entry level gears as long one could follow/track the flight. As they are small and depending on the distance, easier to follow when they are about to land but they do predictable/straight flights as well. Entry level gears would get lesser usable frames and bigger MP and faster AF gears would just gives more frames. Experience/practice, luck and attitude (the will to persistently do it, etc.) factor in as well for usable/shareable captures. The A7IV gives more captures and better crops than my A6600. It also gives better crops than the A9 I explored/tested before.

TIA for looking.

gil

For the below image, I thought there were noise in the identified wing part. Upon closer inspection, seemed to be wing/feather textures.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
gil - San Jose, CA
95% Cheap Lens,90% JPG and 100% Handholding Provocateur
Like happiness, photography is often better created than pursued.

gil's gear list:gil's gear list
Panasonic FZ80/FZ82 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Olympus E-M1 Sony a77 II Sony a6600 +4 more
Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
gil
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow