primary card slot brocken xpro2

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
HB1969 Senior Member • Posts: 1,722
primary card slot brocken xpro2

Hi all,

the SD card is not locking in when I insert it into the primary (No 1) card slot on my XPro2.

The camera still works and records to the SD card if I just close the card slot door without it locking in but I'm concerned what it will do to the camera or card if I just leave it as it is. Anyone else have this problem? Will there be permanent damage if I leave things as they are? Anyone have any recommendations for repair places in Sydney Aus (other than talking to Fujifilm themselves obviously)

NB. It's definitely a problem with the slot and not the card as I've tried different cards in both slot 1 and 2. Slot 2 works fine.

Also the camera has had minimal use (<3000 shots) since purchase in 2018....I'm not in the habit of spraying and praying ... so I'm surprised that the fault has come up. My XE1 has nearly 10000 shots since getting it in 2013 and it's never skipped a beat.

-- hide signature --
 HB1969's gear list:HB1969's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +12 more
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow