Lens for Fuji Video

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
buzzbob Regular Member • Posts: 102
Lens for Fuji Video

Hi all,

I'm new to video and have been on a steep curve these past few months trying to pick up what I need to know. I have an R5 and a few R lenses and a Fuji X-T3 which I picked up recently used at a bargain price. I also have a Fuji 18-135mm lens and my wife has an 18-55 f2.8-4 fuji lens also which I have access to ( some of the time!)

Anyway we're on a trip to Scotland next month and as space is limited we intend to take her X-T10 with my X-T3 and the 18-55 and18-135mm lenses. My likely use will be what I might pretentiousy call "travel documentary" type stuff but in reality will no doubt, disappointingly, prove to be home movies of our trip.

I'm reflecting that I might end up using the X-T3 quite a bit for this sort of thing in future so I'd like to know if you believe the 18-135mm lens is a good choice for this type of thing. I realise my experience will be the limiting factor here but I'm hoping to improve.

I have come to the conclusion that in video, lens sharpness isn't too critical and that stuff like focus breathing and focus noise are more important. This leads me to ask the following questions.

I'm not sure about distortion. I am guessing the X-T3 would correct as it does with stills? If not I assume this can be done in post easily. Am i correct?

If focus breathing is an issue with the 18-135 I'd just need to avoid zooming though I could fix this in post? I'd deal with focus noise by using MF I guess. Good deductions?

On the other hand, if the 18-55 ( or another lens ) was significantly better lens I might look for a used one for myself. I will possilby supplement with a prime like the 23mm f2 or similar in future. I might even consider a canon EF lens with an adapter? What do you suggest?

I know fixing in post isnt the best answer but as I'm not shooting Lawrence of Arabia and I'm a beginner does my approach seem sound?

Thank you for your help

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS R5 Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow