R6 Aurora video at ISO 25600 + 4K timelapse

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MartinFransson Forum Member • Posts: 67
R6 Aurora video at ISO 25600 + 4K timelapse

Hi!

Last weekend I managed to both film and shoot the northern lights where I live in southern Sweden. I used the R6, a 6D and a DJI Osmo Action for timelapse but I also filmed the aurora in real time using the R6. I am very impressed by the results, despite being such a low light environment.

In my Youtube video from last friday you can see what ISO 25600 looks like, on top of that it was underexposed and pushed in editing and NO noisereduction has been applied. Yes, of course there is noise and the finest details are lost but for my purposes it is actually useable. I regularly use 3200 and 6400 without hesitation but this pushed my range further

Now I only need one more Samyang 24/1.4 so I can both film and do timelapse at the same time!

*Edit: the first part I film myself with my phone for some of the clips, but from 3:08 and on it´s the R6 at ISO 25600.

Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow