A6500 or OM-D E-M5 Mark III

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JoshThomas New Member • Posts: 3
A6500 or OM-D E-M5 Mark III

Hello, I'm upgrading from my entry level kit of an old Nikon D3000 that I bought over a decade ago. I'm looking to move to mirrorless and jump closer to an enthusiast level kit. I've been doing a ton of research and have landed on the two buying scenarios below. Does anybody have any advice on one over the other. Anything else that I should be thinking of or should consider? I shoot a mix of travel photography, events, and wildlife. I'm thinking to start with a mirrorless body, and two zoom lenses: one in the 18-100 range and a telephoto for birds, sports, etc. I'll buy all equipment used from B and H, MPB, etc and would like to keep the entire system between $1500 and $2000.

A final step that I am planning is to check these out at a store in person which I plan to do in the next week or so.

Scenario 1 - Approx cost 1900, effective focal range 27-600mm

Sony a6500

Sigma 100-400mm telephoto

Sony 18-135mm OSS.

Scenario 2 - will pick up an extra lens here to fill the intended focal range. Approx cost 1700, effective focal range 18-600mm

Oly OM-D E-M5 Mark III -

M.Zuiko 9-18mm

M. Zuiko 14-150mm

M.Zuiko - 75-300mm

Thanks for any thoughts or input that you might have!

Nikon D3000 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow