CaptureOne iPad speculation

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
David Mantripp Regular Member • Posts: 343
CaptureOne iPad speculation

Well, we're in early 2022, so...  CaptureOne for iPad must be close.

I'm very much looking forward to see what it brings. Depending on the approach they take, it could be a make or break point for me with Capture One.

From what I've seen so far, my fear is that what is going to be delivered is just a feature reduced - and probably way overpriced - standalone iPad app.  What I would like to see is a focus on the iPad app as one of several means to access a common set of photos stored in a catalog or whatever. So basically similar to Lightroom (Classic) or OnOne approach.

There is this CaptureOne Live BETA thing lurking in the background, which might be able to act as a conduit with some kind of "smart preview" Adobe-style, but so far it seems to be rooted in a very, very narrow "distributed fashion shoot" scenario.

I really want to continue with Capture One, but I also don't want my photos to be imprisoned on my desktop computer.  It's not 2002 anymore....

David Mantripp's gear list:David Mantripp's gear list
Sigma dp0 Quattro Ricoh GR III Ricoh GR IIIx Hasselblad X1D II 50C Olympus E-M1 III +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow