Canon R5 shaky and vibrating 4K footage. I'm very disappointed !

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Aviator737 Junior Member • Posts: 32
Canon R5 shaky and vibrating 4K footage. I'm very disappointed !

Hi all ! After testing my new R5 for couple months I'm still don't know what is the solution to get rid of shaky and vibrating 4k footage. Even when the camera is stationary the problem is so visible and the footage is vibrating . Here is some example which I did filmed during sunny and calm day ( no wind ) https://youtu.be/Ww6dP4JXCwk

I did tried so many things stabilisation on/off ( lenses) camera IBIS (on/off) Different stabilisation mods on lens 1,2, and 3.  Without lens stabilisation its even worse !

Shutter speed high and low. Very steady Tripod on carbon fibre legs , fluid head Sachtler FSB8. Also I bought the rig rails and lens support for Canon 100-400mm II USM in hope to reduce shakiness.

Last Sunday I did tried new Canon RF 100-500mm lens in the shop. Exactly the same issue . Specially when I do film at 500mm. Also the auto focus is very very slow.  The shop assistant was very surprised and didn't gave me any advise.

Recently I  did contacted Canon technicians in UK . At first they told me to use mode 2 on lens for panning or use a camera on tripod without stabilisation . Nothing helps !  On my second letter they never replied back to me. I think that they know about this issue which exist in R5 cameras.

My set up : Canon R5 + Canon 100-400mm II USM lens

PS : I'm never had this problem with my old camera GH5. Even with Canon 100-400mm + 2x Canon extender . I did filmed at very very windy conditions and the camera footage was fine not that worst as on Canon R5.

Aviator737's gear list:Aviator737's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Panasonic GH5 Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 2x III +1 more
Canon EOS R5 Panasonic GH5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow