New Z mount 100-400mm is superb so far

Started 4 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Burden18 New Member • Posts: 3
New Z mount 100-400mm is superb so far

Its still early days but I have been really surprised.  I have been trying out my newly delivered Nikkor S 100-400mm with my Z7II and all I can say is its seems to be absolutely superb!!  The AF is quick and accurate, even with the 2X converter at full 800mm.  This has not been the case with all other long tele lenses I have used for my passion,  birding,  up to now.  It seems this will be a great lens for birders or other nature photographers when they need the some extra reach with the 1.4X or even 2X teleconverters - seems a level up on the older F-Mount lenses performance wise.  WELL DONE NIKON (so far).  However, I'm still disappointed with the quality of the plastics used in the lens caps and lens hoods of all the new z lenses, as well as the lack of decent lens cases for the heavier lenses.  Come on Nikon! cloth bags are not good enough especially at the price we are paying for these lenses.

Nikon Nikkor Z 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 VR S
Telephoto zoom lens • Nikon Z
Announced: Oct 28, 2021
Burden18's score
Average community score
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
fad
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow