Your thoughts on (non-subscription) software choices?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rod McD Veteran Member • Posts: 7,972
Your thoughts on (non-subscription) software choices?

Hi,

I've just bought a new iMac to replace a longstanding Macbook air and have decided to rely less on jpegs, more on raw, to try more PP, and to try things like focus stacking and stitching that I haven't done before. Which begs the question of Mac compatible PP software - in the first instance for raw processing and general editing. (I'll worry about SW for stacking and stitching later.)

I'm into stills only. I don't shoot video and doubt I'll ever start. I don't want to use subscription - I'd like to buy outright. I suspect any of them will exceed my needs as they come off the shelf today and that upgrades will therefore probably be unnecessary. A few years back Iridient had the name for raw processing for lovers of detail. IIRC it emerged as an innovative independent processor at the height of the Adobe "worms issues" era. One hears less of it today. And then there's C1 and DXO PL5 for Fuji, both of which some members have recently recommended. C1 is twice the price of PL5 as a one off purchase. What about others....?

I'm thinking some key factors are learning simplicity, all-in-one raw processing and editing capability, and ability to integrate if need be with other products (like stitching, stacking, plug in specials, etc) I'm experienced with a camera but haven't done a lot of PP. How do they compare for Fuji users?

Thx, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Olympus Tough TG-4 Fujifilm X-T4 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +18 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
gsz
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow