External Hard drive problems

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Yellowthroatphoto Forum Member • Posts: 90
External Hard drive problems

Hello, I just built a custom pc running Windows 10 with a Ryzen 7 3800x and I am trying to get my LaCie 4 TB external hard drive to work with it. I know that the drive works because I use it with my Macbook. I am also new to windows so forgive me if I am making a rookie mistake. The drive will not show up in File manager when I plug it in but it will give me the option to eject it on my toolbar. The disk will show up in Disk Management and Device Manager. It just is not showing up in File Manager. However, A thumb drive will show up in File Manager so I know that the problem is either with the drive or how it is set up. Formatting is not possible because I need to keep all of the files. Anyone with ideas please comment because I need to get to the bottom of this.

Thank you,

Fisher

-- hide signature --

"There is no such thing as bad weather, There is only bad clothing and preparedness"

Yellowthroatphoto's gear list:Yellowthroatphoto's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II +3 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow