Major lens flare issues with Sony 24-70 F/2.8 GM?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
whatevenisthisstuff New Member • Posts: 6
Major lens flare issues with Sony 24-70 F/2.8 GM?

What is even going on with this lens. I keep getting these insane lens flares just from street lights and car headlights when using this brand new Sony 24-70 F/2.8 GM lens at night on my Sony a7 III

Any sort of lights make this lens flare like crazy and it borderline ruins my photos outdoors at night. There is also this weird "reverse vignetting" going on where the lights appear in the corners of the image like in my examples here. Not sure what to call this. It takes on whatever color the light shining into the lens is.

I have never experienced issues this bad shooting with any other zoom lens. I used to have the Sigma 24-70 DG DN Art lens and didn't have these problems. I really regret getting rid of it for this lens.

My main question: is this normal? Should I try and get this lens fixed with Sony under warranty? What do I call the issues that this lens is having?

Thanks

Sony a7 III Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow