Z 24-200 vs Tamron 35-150 f/2.8-4

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,974
Z 24-200 vs Tamron 35-150 f/2.8-4

So long story short, the person who was going to buy my 24-200 decided not to, which is fine, but this has me considering still swapping it for something else.

Thoughts on the Tamron 35-150 in terms of IQ over the 24-200 (particularly at longer FLs)? I know that the FTZ will need to be used but personally I'm not as concerned about that (as I planned to get an FTZ II at some point anyway).  And I'm aware of the obvious stuff (like the Tamron being 1-1.3 stops faster overall, which is one reason why I'm considering it, and hopefully that it's optics are a bit better on the long end (beyond 100mm).

Thoughts?  The MTF charts are harder to compare because for the Z it's at 200mm versus 150mm for the Tamron (the Tamron looks better on paper, but that's because it's a shorter FL and I feel that may partially be why it's shows stronger sharpness at the long end.

-- hide signature --

(NOTE: If I don't reply to a direct comment in the forums, it's likely I unsubscribed from the thread.)

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II GoPro Hero8 Black Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow