Nikon repair cost

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jerrymend Regular Member • Posts: 241
Nikon repair cost

I have and have been using 2 D90 bodies and am pleased with the images they provide with my lenses. Yesterday I was at a photo shoot with my camera club and one of the bodies failed.  I got the dreaded ERR message. I only had 1 body with me. I tried changing the battery, memory card, lens, all the settings I could, and the 2 button reset Nothing worked, the flash will not pop up.  I did all that again when I got home. Still no luck. The pictures I took before the failure were fine. The body has less than 14,000 activations. There are no camera repair shops near me. So I went on line to Nikon USA and told them what the problem was. They told me that the estimated cost of repair was $350.00 plus tax and shipping.  The total would be over $400.00. I've thought about it and decided that was just too much. Used ones are selling for less but I have a back up D90 and a D3300, so I will not be buying another D90 or any other body at this time.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

Nikon D3300 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow