Success w/R5 & FW 1.5.0? What subjects? what AF settings?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Don_Campbell Veteran Member • Posts: 3,070
Success w/R5 & FW 1.5.0? What subjects? what AF settings?

I decided to start an new thread because I wanted the subject header to attract satisfied users in particular and get some specifics of AF case settings, etc. that make that success.

I got my RF100-500 after waiting some months using my Sigma 150-600 with my R5 with no problems. I upgraded to the 1.5 firmware about the same time I got the RF 100-500 so it complicates differences I may see. And...weather hasn't been to cooperative here and so my experience with the new lens and new firmware in shoots birds in flight is very limit

Long experience with "reviews" and "complaints" has taught me that the squeeky wheels may be a significant large group or a tiny minority and it's not easy to tell which from a series of posts. I tested AF indoors with 1.5 using photos of birds on my TV across the room. I then downgraded to FW 1.4.0 to check with the same images. I saw differences but it wasn't clear that one firmware was better than the other.

So I thought I'd ask people who are happy with FW 1.5.0 on their R5 what other settings they use for AF of birds among cases, etc. The folks with complaints have not given much detail beyond "I tried everything to make it better then downgraded."

Happy with R5 and FW 1.5.0? What subjects? What cases do you use? What affects your satisfaction regarding distances, lighting, whatever else?

Don

Don_Campbell's gear list:Don_Campbell's gear list
Canon EOS R5
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
EG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow