Urban wildlife from my neighborhood and Parks

Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
snapa
snapa Veteran Member • Posts: 5,387
Urban wildlife from my neighborhood and Parks

It has been a few weeks since my last urban wildlife thread, so here are a few more pictures taken since then. Between riding my bike and fishing, I like to take a few pictures when things catch my eye that I feel are interesting enough to stop and take a few snaps.

I also like to show people the kind of wildlife we see in south Florida all year long. I feel blessed to be able to have the kind of variety we have down here, especially so close to my house. I try to keep my threads interesting by including a lot of variety. Most of my pictures are taken at or just before sunset.

Not a great picture technically, but I wanted to show how many different varieties of birds and turtles there are in such a small area. I only wish there was more light so it could have been shot at F8-10 to get everything in focus. A green heron, tri-color heron, snowy heron, cormorant, turtles. I've taken single picture of each bird before, but never saw all of them together before like this!

Sometimes this floating fountain is covered with turtles.

A cormorant standing on one leg at sunset. If it floats, birds will be there most of the time.

A Limpkin looking for clams.

A Great Blue Heron at sunset.

A tri-color heron on the same goose on another day.

A couple of small turtles on one of the floating geese in the lake.

Just one of the many burrowing owls I ride my bike by at the park every day of the year.

A green iguana portrait.

An Osprey on top of a cell phone tower and a very heavy crop!

Anhinga drying it's wings in the sun.

Green heron on a stump taken after sunset, that is why the ISO was at 1250.

As always, any comments or questions are always welcome! I hope you liked a few of them!

-- hide signature --

Life is short, so make the best of it while you still can!
http://grob.smugmug.com/
https://grob.smugmug.com/Wildlife-Pictures/

snapa's gear list:snapa's gear list
Sony a6300 Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Phase One Capture One Pro +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow