Adapting a stadard to wide FF manual lens for Fuji X

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AMSOS Contributing Member • Posts: 678
Adapting a stadard to wide FF manual lens for Fuji X

I am exploring using the Ricoh GR III x along with my Fuji X kit. The GR III x can be with me all the time and looks like an amazing setup for street and candid work.

But then I also came across some info on adapting Leica M-mount lenses for Fuji X cameras. I wonder if I may not be better of sticking to my X-E2s and going with an adapted Leica or Voigtlander lens?

My main requirement is the ability to be able to accurately pre-focus manually. Given the distance scales zone-focusing should be easy.

I am keen on 18 mm f2 and 27 mm f2 (FF eq.) lenses. That'll give me an angle of view of 28 mm and 40 mm on Fuji APS-C. In particular, do any of you use the Leica and the Voigtlander Ultron 28 f1.2, the Summicron 28 f2 on your Fuji X camera, or one of the Voigtlander VM mount 21 mm lenses. Carl Zeiss?

Do recommend what you feel will work well. Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences using adapted manual lenses!

AMSOS's gear list:AMSOS's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2S Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-E2S Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow