Help! Some of my photos have dark/shadow bands in them

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dlee6 New Member • Posts: 3
Help! Some of my photos have dark/shadow bands in them

Pictures were taken with Sony A7sIII 55mm f1.8

I take some photos here and there (mainly do videos) and been always using aperture priority with auto ISO.

Recently I've started using Manual mode so that I can have a better setting. Initially tried all manual including ISO but the actual pictures tend to come out a darker than what it shows in preview so started using Auto ISO and I would only adjust aperture and shutter speed. However, when I started doing this, some of my photos were getting this gradient of shadow (or more like dark shadow bands across the photo. It doesn't seem like it's due to lighting as if I take it again with aperture priority mode (from the same spot with same light) the shadow no longer is there on the photos. Also, the second and third images were taken seconds apart with same setting/lighting but you can see that the picture has different areas where the shadow line appears.

No matter where I looked, I can't seem to find a reason behind why some of my pictures are coming out like this when I take it in manual mode (with auto iso), when it doesn't happen in aperture priority mode.

Any information/comment will be appreciated!

Thank you!

Image 1

image 2

image 3

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow