Help fixing a Bronica ETRSi

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TheChappie
TheChappie Regular Member • Posts: 320
Help fixing a Bronica ETRSi

Good evening all,

Recently, I picked up a Bronica ETRSi from a person selling a unit that came with a storage box they purchased. They weren’t film photo people, and as a result I was able to get the unit free of the current inflated market. I have run 4 rolls of film through it and, when it works it is addicting. However, it worked infrequently, as the shutter advanced would sometimes cock the release and sometimes not. At first, I thought it was user error. But realistically, these are simple units and I realized I’m operating it correctly . From there, I suspected the film back, but I realized that the body will not fire, despite being in multiple exposure mode, which should allow it to cock and release the shutter. Sometimes it will, but more often it would not.

anyway, today the perplexing nature of the issue got to me, so I decided to disassemble. Upon removing the base and side plate, I noticed one part clearly looking like it was in the wrong position  I touched it, and it came out, as did two others and what look to be two spacers.

now, I’m okay to put this all back together and have a happily running unit. However, I have no idea what exactly these parts are, and what I should be doing to do that. I have a repair manual saved here, but I can’t quite find a detailed explanation of what I’m looking at. I included a picture below of the parts they called off, and where they came from. I realize that Bronica cameras are a bit niche, so maybe there isn’t much experience here, but if someone can put me in the right direction I’d very much appreciate it!

-- hide signature --

Try to set the night on fire...
I dare you.

TheChappie's gear list:TheChappie's gear list
Sony a7R II Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow