Nikon mirrorless for Wedding and Event Photography

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Oxford Chap New Member • Posts: 1
Nikon mirrorless for Wedding and Event Photography

Hello Everyone

I am currently a Canon 250D (aps-c camera) owner and have been since 2019. I take it to all events, friend's birthday party, university graduation, new year's party, Christmas dinner ect. My lenses are the EF 35mm f/2 IS USM lens and the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens.

I have been saving up for a full-frame mirrorless camera for a couple of years and want to get into doing large events, weddings and maybe in the future, sports too. The Nikon Z6II (new body) with used Z 24-70mm F/4 (s) and Z 85mm F/1.8 lenses fit my budget nicely (£3000). However, I am hesitant because a lot of reviewers on YouTube are saying that the autofocus on the Nikon mirrorless is poor. Is the focusing system good enough to keep up with weddings and large events? Has anyone used this system, have been able to successfully shoot a busy event or wedding with it?

I know my Canon 250D can be quite limiting, I have really plan my shots and find it challenging to keep moving subjects in focus.

Thank you for the feedback

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow