The challenges of using film.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
photoholiko Veteran Member • Posts: 3,438
The challenges of using film.

Today I decided to load some film for a walk around tomorrow. I wanted to use a Zeiss Jena on an Exakta, I have two of them, the VX2A and VX1000. The back to load the film on the VX1000 would not open, so I opened the back on the VX42A and the shutter curtain had a rip, so that took care of the Zeiss and Exaktas.

As an alternative, I have a couple of Minolta lenses I haven't used in along time. I have three Minoltas, two Maxxum 7000 and one Maxxum 400Si, I picked up the 400 since I have never used it, I started checking it out to find out it needs a battery that I don't have. so out comes the 7000 and it wants four AAA batteries that I don't have, and didn't feel like going out today.

Well, I have other 35mm cameras but I suspected similar encounters. So I figured I'll try MF, I've got two of those as well, a Mamaiya  645 and a Mamiya Super with interchangeable backs, I chose the 645 for the sake of simplicity,  checked it out and all was OK, got some film but all I had was Kodak and Fuji chrome and I wanted negs which I didn't have. We film guys don't give up though, I went for the Super and one of the backs uses 35mm film. So I loaded a Fuji 400  and I'm finally ready for my walk tomorrow.

P.S: Found some AAA batteries and loaded up the Minolta as well.

photoholiko's gear list:photoholiko's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Epson PhotoPC 850 Zoom Minolta DiMAGE 7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +35 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow