What Price / Where to sell EF 100-400mm Mark II L and buy the RF 100-500mm

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AquaDruid New Member • Posts: 4
What Price / Where to sell EF 100-400mm Mark II L and buy the RF 100-500mm

Hi,

I've been using the new R5 for the last few weeks with my old EF 100-400mm Mark II L and using that to buy the new RF 100-500mm.

I'm just wondering where is the best place to sell it and what kinda price I should expect?  If it's too low, I might just keep it as a backup although I did that with the Mark 1 and it's still sitting in my closet.

The lens itself is super sharp and nice but the white paint on it's been rubbed off a bit since I travel so much with it and carry it on my hip so I'm not sure if that will decrease the value by a lot since it's just visual. (see attached pic).

I'm also including 2 photos I recently took with the lens.  I do find that sometimes, it will hunt for focus since I was pointing right at the subject but to be fair, usually with a busy background.  I'm not sure if it's because of the lens + the converter or some R5 settings since I didn't get  a chance to look too much into and saw that some people are experiencing more of that after upgrading the firmware to 1.5.

I was thinking about getting the RF 1.4x also but am not sure how feasible it will be to have the RF lens zoomed out at 300mm first.

Anyway, if you have any advice to offer, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

George

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow