how much do you care of iso and shutter speed when in A mode?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
john isaacs Veteran Member • Posts: 7,105
Re: how much do you care of iso and shutter speed when in A mode?

Starny wrote:

I would assume that most people taking pics in Auto mode are not overly concerned about ISO or shutter speed. If they were they'd shoot in other modes. Pretty simple really.

I am never "overly concerned" about anything.  I always have just the right amount of concern about what I'm concerned with.

If I shoot in Aperture mode with a fixed ISO, then I am concerned enough to set aperture and ISO and let shutter speed be adjusted by the camera.  But I am concerned about it, and watch it; I just don't want to have to keep adjusting it to get proper exposure if it's running high enough.

If it runs low, then I will usually just raise ISO.  I like to set ISO in many cases because I may decide to bracket shutter speed.  Which I can't do quickly in Manual mode or Shutter mode.  This is where one-button bracketing that includes burst mode is so nice (are you listening, Nikon?).

john isaacs's gear list:john isaacs's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic GH5 Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus E-M5 III Olympus E-M1 III +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow