Photo Walk in downtown Houston

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Chrisinhouston
Chrisinhouston Regular Member • Posts: 467
Photo Walk in downtown Houston

Did a photo walk in downtown Houston yesterday with some members of our local photography club. There were 8 of us, 5 shooting Canon cameras, 2 with Nikons and 1 with a Sony. I took my Canon M5 kit which consists of 2 M5 bodies, one with the 11-22mm lens and the other with a Tamron 18-400mm. I like this gear for when I'm out doing a fair amount of walking.  Almost everyone asked me at some point what model my camera was, the other Canon users either had FF DSLRs or the Canon R5.

I guess every city has it's painted murals!

The old Penzoil building. Not sure what they call it now.

I used the focus blur Neural Filter in Photoshop.  Sort of looks like a LensBaby image.

The old Civil Courthouse

The old Post Office is now a restaurant and live music venue

A very cold and windy day in the city.

Anyway, it was a good day, quite chilly and windy walking between all the tall buildings.  I got some good shots though, a great way to start off the year as far as photography!

-- hide signature --

“Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow.” – Imogen Cunningham

Chrisinhouston's gear list:Chrisinhouston's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS M5 Canon EOS R GoPro Hero5 Black +29 more
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow