X-Pro future

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nebeldiener
Nebeldiener Regular Member • Posts: 177
X-Pro future

With the next Fuji generation being around the corner and the M11 just being released, I thought it would be the perfect time to discuss the future of the X-Pro line.

I bought a used X-Pro2 right before the announcement of the X-Pro3. Thought about switching many times, but never done it. My second body is an X-H1.

X-Pro 3 pros:

1. New sensor + processor
  2. New AF-algorithm
  3. New film sims

X-Pro 3 cons:

1. Halfe-assed screen design
  2. Misleading body finishes
  3. Removal of the d-pad

X-Pro 3 neutral:

1. New OVF design

I can see two possible futures for the X-Pro line, I'd be happy with:

One:

Take the X-Pro2 as a base, give it the X-H1 / X-T3 screen design, add IBIS and either the X-H1 or X-T4 shutter.

Two

Remove the screen entirely, and give the camera a really nice and big hybrid OVF/ EVF. Make everything changeable via buttons and dials (minimize the need to use the menu).

With the first possibility, I'd sell my X-H1 and X-Pro2 and use the X-Pro4 as my main and only camera. With the second possibility, I'd exchange my X-Pro2 for an X-Pro4 but still keep my X-H1 (or exchange it for an X-H2).

If Fuji keeps on insisting on the X-Pro3 design, I really don't know what I would do. Maybe buy a second X-Pro2 just to be safe.

What about you guys?

Nebeldiener's gear list:Nebeldiener's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Panasonic GX850 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +4 more
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow