Lumix ZS80 lockup

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rodger Richardson
Rodger Richardson Regular Member • Posts: 126
Lumix ZS80 lockup

Hello, new to the group. I have just purchased a Lumix ZS80 for my upcoming tour of Scotland, I wanted to go small this time instead of dragging my Sony SLR and all the lenses around, the Sony only supports 1080p in video mode and I’m looking to test out 4K before I take the plunge into a more expensive solution.

Anyhow, I have been getting used to the camera and so far and really enjoy it, however since I got the camera earlier this month, it has locked up twice right after I turned it on, the screen switches on and the lens expands, but that’s all that happens. If I move the camera around the screen shows where I’m pointing, but no buttons or any touch screen activities do anything, the camera also does not power off when pushing the off button. The only way to restore is to remove the battery. After that it works properly.

Is this a known issue, am I doing something wrong or do you think I should get the camera replaced?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated before I start troubleshooting with Panasonic or return it for a different model or brand.

Thanks in advance

Rodger

Rodger Richardson's gear list:Rodger Richardson's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a7 IV +9 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow