Em1 Mark III vs EM5 MArk III for travel.

Started May 29, 2020 | Discussions thread
Mait
Mait Regular Member • Posts: 322
Re: Em1 Mark III vs EM5 MArk III for travel.

drmarkf wrote:

gary0319 wrote:

Since writing my post back in mid 2020, I have had more time with both cams, enough to become more proficient with both. Although they are different in many respects, I can now say that the C-Af is quite similar except that the frame rate of the E-M1 III is faster when using low burst speeds. I now reserve my E-M1 III for use with my bigger lenses and for the amazing Hand Held Hi Rez feature. Usually all other chores fall to the smaller and lighter E-M5 III.

I find the M1’s bigger buffer becomes very significant for some wildlife, field sports and motor racing shooting (as I recall it’s something like 250 frames vs 150, and that does hit the buffers if there’s a lot of prolonged, fast action going on, like rugby backs running the ball for some distance, or a prolonged active safari wildlife interaction). Not an issue for those not doing that sort of photography, of course.

I’ve never tried my M5iii for serious bird in flight shooting, but for everything else I’ve never noticed a significant focusing difference compared to the 1iii.

Would you describe more of the difference ?

Mait's gear list:Mait's gear list
Olympus E-M5 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN | C (X-mount) +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow