Canon A620 remote shooting

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Yoni_D123 New Member • Posts: 2
Canon A620 remote shooting

Hi All,

I am trying to make the A620 to remote shoot but no matter what I try, the computer simply doesnt recognizes the camera when it is in "camera" mode - only when I switch to "photo" mode then it is being detected.

I need this since it is part of a setup using Zeiss microscope that my father uses. This camera was suppose to simple show on the computer monitor the image from the microscope and take a picture(s). That setup, using this camera used to work years ago when my father had an old computer with a Windows XP. Now that machine is broken so he uses a more "modern" computer with WIn7

Anyway, no matter what I tried (also with Win 10), this camera simply not detected when in shooting mode. I tried to use "Digital photo professional 4", "Zoom browser ex", installed all the supplied drivers - nothing. Can make this camera to remote shoot.

The camera connected using a provided USB cable + power supply.

Any ideas? My father really needs this camera to work since there are special adapters made specifically for this camera to work with this Microscope.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks you!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow