Wanting to switch from m50 to a mount w/future

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MoriceE Junior Member • Posts: 37
Wanting to switch from m50 to a mount w/future

Hello everyone,

I own a Canon eos m50 with the 15-45 and a 50mm 1.8 STM.

Since I recently sould my sigma 18-300 I am missing the Telephoto end and now I want to buy a FF telephoto. I do not have a lot of money (just below 1k), but buying used is not a problem for me.

Now my 2 Problems:

1. I dont want to buy a lens that is too big, since I dont like taking a bag with me, I mostly throw my lenses into my pockets.

2. I am wondering if buying canon glass is a good idea, since they are deffinetly still lacking Video capabilities in their 'cheaper' FF rf-line. Also the third partie lens selection is nearly inconsistent and as I said I dont have any money.

I thought of switching to Sony FF and buy the Tamron lineup.

Do you still think buying Canon is recommendable? (I love the menu, btw) or is buying Sony gear the better option for staying budget? Or do you have any other system you can recommend? (I thought of the Sigme FP L but it seems like a big downgrade in terms of autofocusing capabilities.) Fuji came into my mind as well, since they put the most amount of work into their APS-C lineup, but I haven't really read into the system, so also to Fuji instead of FF I would love to hear your oppinion.

Thanks in regard,

Morice

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow