Regret

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
FrankG Senior Member • Posts: 2,551
Re: Regret

Biggs23 wrote:

FrankG wrote:

Biggs23 wrote:

FrankG wrote:

Applying any desired combination of parameter adjustments such as (merely examples) NR, sharpening, contrast, white-balance, saturation etc etc to any or even all files in a set and then batch exporting the results is made quite a trivial matter in DXO Photolab5.

I understand, but to add that process to a workflow adds a significant amount of time. Import into DXO, change settings for every scene for noise reduction, then export, then move into LR and get started. Not ideal.

So I'm a little curious - what are you doing in Lightroom that couldn't be done in Photolab5 ?

Don't know. I do know that changing software platforms with nearly a half million tagged and cataloged images and learning the quirks and intricacies of that new platform would require a radical time investment. Time, as they say, is money.

If lacking any means to export the data then potential loss of such a cataloguing investment sounds like a big worry!  In principle the sort of thing that ought to be easily fixed with suitable software support.

FrankG's gear list:FrankG's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z50 Nikon Z9
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow