Sony a9 Star Ratings in Slot 2 & Lightroom Import Filtering

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kwitt New Member • Posts: 2
Sony a9 Star Ratings in Slot 2 & Lightroom Import Filtering

Can anyone confirm that the Sony a9 does not save the star rating to card slot 2 even though it stores it to card slot 1 for both RAW and jpg during simultaneous backup? I shoot sports on a Sony a9 and use the rating feature to assign a star to the keepers for fast, in-camera culling. BTW, I just learned about Image Jump for rated images for a selected dial. How awesome! Also, can someone confirm that Lightroom Classicc does not have the ability to filter star ratings or any other metadata upon import? I usually use Windows to filter the star rating and copy only those files to the computer before importing to Lightroom. Unfortunately, Windows cannot read the star rating of RAW files but Lightroom can. Since LR can't filter for the star rating I have to download everything and delete the images without a star if I shoot RAW+jpg. Thoughts?

kwitt's gear list:kwitt's gear list
Sony a9 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6
Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow