Recent experiences with new Corsair/Logitech mice: iCUE/G Hub required?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Billiam29 Senior Member • Posts: 2,297
Recent experiences with new Corsair/Logitech mice: iCUE/G Hub required?

I'd certainly appreciate hearing the experience of anyone that's purchased a Corsair of Logitech mouse in the last year or so as to whether or not their mice actually require the installation of iCUE or G Hub for basic functionality. I'm having a tough time determining this from Corsair and Logitech's web sites.

I have two personal criteria for "basic" functionality without software:
a) standard two (or three) button plus wheel mouse function
b) adjustment of DPI/sensitivity if available with the mouse

Those are the only two items I'm concerned with for the purposes of whether or not iCUE/G Hub are required. Well, those two and whether or not I might get nagged to install iCUE/G Hub via "stub installers" from Windows Update like Razer and Steelseries do. I'm not concerned with mapping additional buttons beyond the basic two or three or having control over any lighting.

If you're kind enough to reply, could you please mention the model number of your mouse? You never know if the software requirement might vary across the company's mouse product lines.

Thanks!

P.S. I'm only asking about Corsair and Logitech because they are the only ones that seem to offer mice with the shape and heavier weight range I'm looking for.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow