Charging camera batteries in the wilderness.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
C Sean Veteran Member • Posts: 3,300
Charging camera batteries in the wilderness.

Hello.

I'm looking for advice how to charge batteries in a camp site in the middle of no where.

Here's the background. There's a possibility I'll be going camping in Botswana in the next few months. However, I've been on this holiday before and overall it was a great experience. There were some issues with pensioners in our group who weren't team players. The safari guides did tell them off a few times. I also had a close encounter with a lion in our camp...

There were some logistic problems. While I brought with me plenty of batteries to take approx +4,000 shots. I had to be conservative because there were many other photographers in our group and most didn't have many spare batteries like I did. So the charging port in one of the safari vehicles were in constant use.

If I do again which is a high possibility, I want to have the ability to take many photos I want. So the question is should I buy battery power packs but flight staff can be a bit picky when passengers carry too many batteries or should I look into solar panels?

Thanks in advance.

Also I'll be picking up some strong stuff at the airport just in case of some surprises.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow