Sony A6400 randomly changing aperture

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ghostio New Member • Posts: 1
Sony A6400 randomly changing aperture

Hello,

I seem to have a problem with my Sony A6400. I am an event photographer and was shooting in a nightclub yesterday.
After some time, I had the impression it got worse the later it got, the aperture changed automatically in manual mode. I was shooting with a Meike flash (third party), and had aperture 8.0 set. Sometimes the aperture jumped to the minimum setting of my lens (1.4) and the image was overexposed accordingly. I also paused my work for a moment, looked at the display, and in some cases the aperture jumped from 1.4 to 8.0 and back every second. I haven't the slightest idea what this could be due to. 2 months ago a drink was tipped over my camera, but I wiped off the liquid directly and I could not find any similar errors lately, except for 3 weeks ago in the same nightclub. Sometimes I pressed the playback button and the camera jumped right back to photography mode without giving me a chance to look at the pictures. This did not work even after trying several times, only turning the camera on and off helped.

This morning I tried to reproduce the error and after a few attempts I found that with different lenses, sometimes when changing the aperture, the exposure time had also changed without me using the slider. In the evening I went to a camera store to get some advice, neither there we could not reproduce the error nor when I tried it again afterwards at home.

Is there a possibility that the camera was electromagnetically disturbed by light effects or similar? Then I could not have reproduced it at noon, right? Could the drink be the cause? The error would have to occur regularly and not only after intensive use?

Many greetings and thanks in advance

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot A640
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow