Beginner Camera

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
casey1823 Senior Member • Posts: 1,408
Beginner Camera

Hello forum members! I have a good friend that wants to purchase a Fuji camera. He's never had a mirrorless camera and I want to make sure I point him in the right direction.

I have 3 Fuji cameras and a lot of lenses so what I would want and what he needs for a first camera is different.

He eventually wants to shoot some wildlife BIF but he's got to learn to crawl before advancing to harder subjects.

I'm thinking camera wise the new S10 would be a good start? Small, IBIS, and geared towards a new user.

Lens: I thinking of something that would make a good all-around walking lens. Maybe the new Tamron 18-300 or one of Fuji's similar to that. It would let him shoot wide and yet give him a taste of a zoom.

Software? That's where I'm struggling. I use all Adobe (photographers plan), but what would you recommend for something more simple that can catalog and process photos?

If you have any comments or suggestions feel free to comment.

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Casey

casey1823's gear list:casey1823's gear list
Fujifilm XF 200mm F2 Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow