With 20 fps, do you ever just get carried away ?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fishchris
Fishchris Veteran Member • Posts: 5,770
With 20 fps, do you ever just get carried away ?

So I went out 2 days ago, and had a really fantastic birding trip. Already had about 1200 shots on the card. Then, out of the blue, this family of Otters pops up literally right in front of me, and goes on a crawdad feeding spree ! I was shooting burst after burst, for about 12 or 13 minutes straight ! Ended up taking nearly a thousand shots of just the Otters ! I had so many great shots, it made it super tough to sort through them all. But wow ! What if I had 3 or 4 such opportunities in one day ? lol

So on this trip, I ended up taking 2300 shots, and I swear it took 5 hours just to sort through them all. Less than 2 hrs to process the 20 or so I wanted to keep.

Also learned that apparently, shooting in cRAW, my 128gb cards will hold close to 7000 shots, and I carry 3 of them. Heaven help me if I ever bring home 20,000 shots lol

-- hide signature --

Photos are my paintings. The camera is my brush.
Website
www.LightInEveryCorner.com
DPreview gallery; http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5075216809
No time or attention given for negativity or trolls.

Fishchris's gear list:Fishchris's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow