Desperate for help, can my Epson Artisan 1430 be saved or is it time to upgrade?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
photog_meg New Member • Posts: 1
Desperate for help, can my Epson Artisan 1430 be saved or is it time to upgrade?

I've scoured the internet to see if I could find anyone with a similar problem to mine. I haven't been able to find anything that I've been experiencing so I'm really hoping that one of you can help me.

I'm having some bizarre issues with the 1430, on most prints I have a thin magenta band right where the print starts. The colors are very hit or miss, recently I have an odd yellow-orange popping up where it should not be.

Here's what's already been done:

Nozzle check clear- however, there has been some magenta in the cyan

Print head alignment- there are issues here as well, I have realigned easily 20 times and still don't think it looks right at all, I've tried looking for what the first row is supposed to look like but can't seem to find any reference images for the 1430

Monitor calibrated using X-Rite i1 display pro 2

I'm using Adobe RGB as working space on photoshop as well as the image profile.

I'm printing using Red River Satin paper and using their profiles for printing,

Printer color management is turned off and using photoshop for color management.

I went ahead and printed one of the standard lab test pages and some of the colors are way off. (You can see a bit of the magenta band at the top, scanner cut off a little more of it.)

I have just spent hours and hours, and so much paper and ink trying to figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure if it's worth putting more money into this printer or if it's just time to upgrade.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow