Nikon Z 24-120 @ 120mm... thoughts on IQ/sharpness ?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,987
Nikon Z 24-120 @ 120mm... thoughts on IQ/sharpness ?

I know IQ can be somewhat subjective, but I've sold my Z7 (gen 1) and 24-200 so I could recoup some of the money I spent on those (as I wasn't using the Z7 really anyways and the 24-200 sweetened the deal for them so they went for it).  I had always had some reservations about the 24-200 though despite being convenient and having VR, which I don't like about the 24-120 but can probably get over it.

What's people's thoughts on the Z 24-120 around 100-120mm?  This would be my everyday-walkaround lens especially for travel (I feel the extra 1.3 stops at the long end may be beneficial, especially when on the Z7 II).  I do have a 24-70 2.8 but sometimes that comes up short and I'm wanting something for travel and it sounds like the 24-120 is a nice balance between IQ, size and price.

-- hide signature --

(NOTE: If I don't reply to a direct comment in the forums, it's likely I unsubscribed from the thread.)

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II GoPro Hero8 Black Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 +11 more
Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow