Zeiss 28mm F2 Strong vignetting beyond F5.6

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
OP peanut112 Junior Member • Posts: 41
Re: Zeiss 28mm F2 Strong vignetting beyond F5.6

larrywilson wrote:

Cineast wrote:

To me your photos look as if they were all shot wide open at f2 (according to the relatively short dof and the srtrong vignetting). So, what can cause this? You wrote, you purchased a 28 f2 zf. On this lens, you have to dial in the apperure value manually with the aperture ring of the lens. The lens will not automatically close the aperture, when you set the aperture value in manual mode in your camera. If you adjusted the correct aperture (beyond 5.6) on your lens and the photos came out like this, I´d say the lens is faulty, because the aperture obviously didn´t close.

I think you are unto something here. If it is a zf lens then the camera has to be set up for this. There is no connection between the lens and camera so you must go into the camera menu under setup menu and highlight non-cpu lens data and push ok, then set the focal length and maximum aperture and the push ok.

The OP may be in the wrong exposure mode also. Should not be in shutter speed priory for landscape type photography??

I didn't enter the data before. Now i have gone to the setup menu, set the focal length tp 28mm and f2 as maximum aperture.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow