A7R II okay for manual lenses / "slow" photography?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
philzucker
philzucker Veteran Member • Posts: 9,881
A7R II okay for manual lenses / "slow" photography?

I'm a very happy owner of an APS-C a6600 which I use - among other things - for travel and wildlife photography.

Since I have a lot of adaptable full frame lenses - most of them manual ones - I'm thinking about getting a full frame body to complement my APS-C kit. This FF body hasn't to have the latest AF tech (obviously) but should have a silent shutter, good dynamic range and some good low light capabilities. I do expect though that AF works adequate with my SEL90M28G and my SEL100F28GM .

A used A7R II ticks all my boxes so far - I'm not afraid of battery changing (have a couple of spares for my a6000 which I also own already), so its short battery life is ok for me. What I can't find in all the reviews I've studied is how easy it is to focus manual (adapted) lenses with the A7R II using the EVF. The viewfinders resolution seems adequate, but I can't find out how responsive the camera is, e.g. if you use magnification for precise adjustment of manual focus. Has anyone made good or bad experiences with such type of manual photography with an A7R II?  Would it really make a big difference to get an A7R III with its higher resolution EVF instead?

Thanks for your help! Any info on this much appreciated.

Phil

-- hide signature --
Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Sony a7R IIIA
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow