Z50 w/2 lens kit needs 3rd

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rolling Estonian New Member • Posts: 10
Z50 w/2 lens kit needs 3rd

Hey all,

The holidays were very kind and brought me a new Z50 with the 2 lens kit. I couldn't be happier, as a hobbyist who hasn't owned a 'real' camera since the 90's I'm just in awe. The 2 lenses have me pretty much covered for my wants and needs at the moment but I know I'm looking for a versatile 3rd. I'm trying to find something that can do some astro but mostly for wide angle architecture and lower light shooting.... And I'm on a budget of course.

I'm sure you've heard this one before, but I'm not spending $1k on a lens, wish I could afford the Z 20mm 1.8 but just won't spend that much. I need the Mrs giving me the thumbs up on these kind of purchases so I'm looking at the $400 range.

So it boils down to getting the FTZ and choosing from a myriad of lesser expensive options out there, or maybe a 3rd party like the Viltrox 23mm 1.4. I know the crop will be 1.5 so a 23mm as a 35 would be nice but so would a 35 as a nifty fifty...... Looking for anyone that may have been in the same boat and could throw some ideas my way.

Thanks in advance for any feedback and comments!

M

Rolling Estonian's gear list:Rolling Estonian's gear list
Nikon Z50 Nikon Z 16-50mm F3.5-6.3 VR Nikon Z 50-250mm F4.5-6.3 VR
Nikon Z50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow