Who reads user manuals anymore?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rambow Senior Member • Posts: 1,921
Who reads user manuals anymore?

One constant topic that comes up on DPR forums is related to how camera X works or why does the camera do that, and you know the answer is in the camera manual, whether in print or pdf format, but OP doesn't know because he never reads any manuals.

I find this difficult to believe, does nobody read these camera manuals any more? I mean sure, some of them are not easy to read, but some really are. I enjoy olympus manuals for example, the information is well devided into easy to understand segments and they have plenty of pictures.

I understand the internet makes it easier to find some answers quickly(computers come to mind) but i don't think camera questions are that easy to answer, first because handling a camera is a very tactile experience, and secondly because the user decides how the camera operates even when using AUTO mode.

Cameras are complex yet personal tools, getting to know them well is essential to getting good results when using them.

User manuals, yay or nay?

Rambow's gear list:Rambow's gear list
Sony Mavica FD-71
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
MOD Smaug01
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow