Dynamic range of Sony RX10 vs RX10 IV

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Photo-Boy New Member • Posts: 22
Dynamic range of Sony RX10 vs RX10 IV

Hello everyone,

My Sony RX10 is starting to show its age and I am therefore starting to think of a replacement. I really like most things about this camera, but one thing does bothers me: the limited dynamic range. The most frequent and annoying manifestation of this are deep shadows on people’s faces in bright sunlight that I can’t correct to a satisfactory degree by processing of the RAW files.

I have read that the newer RX10 models have a considerably improved dynamic range compared to the original RX10. Can one clearly see that in real world conditions? Do you think that the deep shadows on people’s faces will be much less of problem with the RX10 IV? If so, would I need to process the RAW files to see the better dynamic range or would this already show in SOOC jpegs?

I would be very grateful for your opinions, especially if you have been able to compare the original RX10 with later models directly in such situations.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow