Starting a small business: Printer and Paper suggestion for Wall Art Printing

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Dee_Jay New Member • Posts: 5
Re: Starting a small business: Printer and Paper suggestion for Wall Art Printing

dccberry wrote:

When I think of "wall art", I think prints at least 16 x 20, or larger. I would get at least a 24" roll printer, such as the Canon 2100, and larger if you plan on adding canvas options to your offerings. These printers take larger ink carts, so the cost per Ml is usually less than with the smaller inksets. Paper options are huge, so you may have to experiment a bit to narrow it down. I use Epson Cold Press and Innova fine art papers, as well as various Hahnemuele papers. all with custom ICC profiles for my Canon printer. Canvas is tougher to get for some reason these days, so using whatever I can get that looks good. There should be decent rebates on printers at this time of the year.

Thanks for the replay. As i mentioned, i have no experience whatsoever in this field. 24" roll printer, or even bigger would be my next step, but first i have to "test the water", so i think A2 will be best for what i'm trying to achieve at the start. It will bi a side hustle, so i will start this business from my own apartment.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow