Thoughts on the M11

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Rodrigue Zahr
Rodrigue Zahr Veteran Member • Posts: 5,337
Re: Thoughts on the M11

Bags27 wrote:

Massive, massive discussion of this over on the Leica Users Forum. There are a number of different themes. One is the physical camera, including the end of the bottom plate. Another is the sensor, which apparently is going to have three separate pixel counts modes. Another is a possible change in color and image quality. At least one person who has handled it (and now actually owns it, but is embargoed from giving details) implies that it might (he's intentionally vague) be more a reference to the IQ of the M9.

I personally shoot only film these days (except for my Foveon Merrills), but if the M11 produced images similar to the Leica S (closest thing to the M9, IMO), I would be a buyer.

I don't mind much he physical changes even though I would have preferred to remain the same especially bras... If the source you're mentioning is accurate about IQ being similar to M9's then this is a very good thing.

We should not forget though that similar feedbacks were said about the M10 being also similar yo the M9 rather than the M240.

We have to wait to see how different / better the M11 is compared to the M10, it got to be night and day in order to justifies it's rumored 10,000$ price tag!

Rodrigue Zahr's gear list:Rodrigue Zahr's gear list
Leica Q Leica M9 Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow