Thoughts on the M11

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Sjak
Sjak Veteran Member • Posts: 6,748
Re: Thoughts on the M11

Jipster wrote:

The size of the SL is not that of the M. Thank God since the size of the SL is prohibitive for me. One of the reasons I chose the M (over say the Nikon Z system) as my "newer" system is that I wanted a compact full-frame camera with good glass. Engineering is about making the best compromise and I think they did the right thing by not over-emphasizing having the same battery across systems of widely different sizes.

Sorry, I was unclear. My point was specifically aobut the digital M-system. The size of digital M's is not widely different. Only the M8 & M9 had the same battery (although the M9 was tweaked by Leica to be capricious with aftermarket batteries.) From there on, the M240, M10 and apparently the M11 each have a different specific battery.

E.g. Pentax and Fuji use the same battery-format across a wide variety of camera's, and over many years. So it's not something alien in cameraland And yes some models of these brands do have different batteries, but only because the camera in question is much slimmer (Pentax K-P) or on the contrary, beefier and more focused on video (Fuji X-T4)

Sjak's gear list:Sjak's gear list
Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) Ricoh GR IIIx Pentax K100D Pentax K10D Leica M-Monochrom +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow