Canon G620 (G550/G650/G620) printer: disappointed with the resolution

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP pulsar123 Regular Member • Posts: 156
Re: Canon G620 (G550/G650/G620) printer: disappointed with the resolution

Box Brownie wrote:

You have blinded me a bit by the 'science & measurements'....

Can I ask have actually taken a picture (not a picture of a picture & scanned?) and created a print ready file (1800px x 1200px @300ppi) and seen how well that prints on 6 x 4 inch photo paper???

FWIW when prepared as I describe including output sharpening for inkjet printing my very humble Canon TS8250 produces very acceptably sharp and accurate colours to lab printed colour prints.

I started looking into fuzziness of G620 prints because first I printed a few "normal" (not test) 4x6 images (you see a head shot element from that image in my OP), and these looked significantly less sharp than what I was used to from printing at Costco. Then I spent quite a bit of time fine tuning the settings, thinking that perhaps I am doing something wrong. At the end I realized it's not me, it's just the way these printers work, and my macro shots were just to confirm what I already figured. (Also, it was fun - to see what exactly the printer is doing, at macroscopic level.)

Don't get me wrong - the printer is great, one just needs to know its limitations. And one of the limitations - don't expect a lab quality from 4x6 photos. I am sure larger prints will look much better.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow