Is the Z9 a game-changer for you?

Started Dec 29, 2021 | Discussions thread
Beshkno
Beshkno Regular Member • Posts: 167
Re: Is the Z9 a game-changer for you?

hypercore360 wrote:

To me, what you say below, is spot on!

I told myself this exact thing when I first got the D800E. "If I can't take a decent picture with this camera, I can't do it with another camera".

There are of course improvements with FPS, DR in a newer camera. Put that aside. Good technique, paying attention to the light, composition, exposure, etc... it's all the same, for the most part, from camera to camera.

If someone wants to buy the newest, greatest, I say, "go for it".

Yes, I understand the yearning to buy, I experienced that at my shop where many of my customers were friends or regular customers, many of those, too regular. I saw people spend thousands in the quest for a camera with one or two tempting features which of course proved to be fools gold. I also experienced knowing that in more than half my sales, the customer was buying on credit and had no business buying anything especially  something he didn't need, to wit the clunker, oil smoking car he drove.  Back then I offered weekly camera workshops at no cost to help people understand the basic principles of photography, darkroom techniques, in both film & early years of Nikon digital pro DSLRs. It was then I realized that most would never benefit from system SLR or DSLR but few ever accepted that fact. For them a good inexpensive point & shoot would have been perfect. Heck, I had a cheap Samsung pocket camera which which I used traveling, hiking etc and many of those photos still hold up quite well today.

The Z9 is an exceptional camera, however, in the end it's just another camera. Point it in the wrong direction or in bad light or at poor subjects and you'll be revisiting your old portfolio. The obsession with frame rate DR is for most, fools gold.

-- hide signature --

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept"
-Ansel Adams

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow